Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Start new topicStart new topic
> The PoDKast Discussion, Now Playing: Episode 206 - NECROPHILIA
Kaptain K. Siro
post Jan 23 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #451

Animal Buddy

Right now we're hard at work not recording the new podcast because I can't yet! Are you excited? Because I'm excited because I'm in it and thus my interest is assured!

Crying has come up multiple times in the conversation so you KNOW it's gonna be good once we start recording.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeff
post Jan 24 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #452

DKVinecraft Admin

Heh, I knew there was a reason that both Hank and Mark got on Skype simultaneously last night. That doesn't just happen by coincidence.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Hank
post Jan 24 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #453

Video Game Hero

We've actually had to delay the recording to Thursday due to unforeseen circumstances on Siro's part. Best of luck then!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post Jan 30 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #454

Animal Buddy

To promote this AMAZING podcast we just finished, hear what the people involved have to say about it!

''Man after man cumming into one man's face''

Coming soon! thefuturessobright.gif

Another hint!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Karla
post Jan 31 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #455

LOVES KYLO REN A LOT

Holy crapballs, my mic picks up a lot of ambient noises. Apologies in advance, and I doubt it'll be noticeable in the final recording, but see, I have a cold right now so I was drinking tea while recording and not only could you hear me place my mug back on my desk, you could hear the sound my hand made touching the ceramic to pick the mug back up. Man. That's a good quality mic. Also really annoying, and like I said, I hope those sounds don't find their way into the final product. You will get to hear my phone ring at one part (SEAN DON'T EDIT THAT OUT!) because I forgot to unplug it and it's loud. OOPS.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post Mar 6 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #456

Animal Buddy

The new podcast is up! It's so good, oh my God! You might die listening to it! Die of pleasure!

It's got beautiful pictures by me on it! If you listen to one Donkey Kong related podcast that isn't the Vine Audio Programme this year, you should listen to this one. And then the next one. And then whatever other ones have me on it.

We recorded the new one today! It probably won't be up for a while because poor Sean has to edit these things! Pray for him.

IPB Image

BEAUTIFUL PREVIEW
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Valentina
post Mar 6 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #457

LIKES EXPRESSO OKAY

Oh wow. rapingmychildhood.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Karla
post Mar 7 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #458

LOVES KYLO REN A LOT

WOW, I sound terrible. Sorry everyone!

(for the terrible sound and the entire podcast in general thefuturessobright.gif )
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Slush
post Mar 7 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #459

Co-Founder/Editor-in-Chief

Congratulations for being slightly more timely than The Vine!

Eh, it'll give me something to listen to while driving tomorrow.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Chaos Heart
post Mar 7 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #460

Video Game Hero

You know...you guys sound a lot different than I imagined. And I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just...not how I imagined how your voice sounded when I read your posts.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Karla
post Mar 7 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #461

LOVES KYLO REN A LOT

NO HYLE DON'T DO IT. Don't subject yourself to...whatever the fuck this ended up being.

Mark: That's a winning lady right there.

This was recorded on January 30th. So my question is, how in the hell did Mark know that "winning" would become such a ubiquitous slang word around the time the podcast was finally completed and uploaded? HOW DID YOU KNOW, MARK??
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Mar 7 2011, 01:44 AM
Post #462

Video Game Hero

They're bi-winning.
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jeff
post Mar 7 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #463

DKVinecraft Admin

I'm listening right now, and I haven't had time to get a feel for how good it is (but I get the feeling it will be funny). So I'll get the (obvious) negative out of the way first, and give praise later (probably). The audio quality: First of all, somebody is using a mic without headphones and the sound from their speakers is coming through their mic causing the echo. I know because I did that my first time too. Second, I suggest you guys get a USB microphone rather than the ones with the little pink plug because they are much better quality.

Other than that I have no complaints so far, also by the time I finished this post I've laughed many times. Hank just fart/laughed. More impressions later.

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys don't like Winky, and I was having so much fun until I heard that.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Mar 7 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #464

Video Game Hero

Siro is winning, Karla is bi-winning, Hank is a clown, Mark is the gibberish of fools.

Also spiders.
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Mar 7 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #465

Video Game Hero

"It's on like Donkey Kong" - Charlie Sheen

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13150557
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Waddle Dedede
post Mar 8 2011, 04:40 AM
Post #466

Staff Member

I listen to this on-and-off and I know what you mean, Chaos. I almost anally raped myself in surprise when I connected the Voice Of Mark with the Mr. Pants avatar. MARK WHY YOU NO TALK LIKE MR. PANTS?? tongue.gif
~ Waddle Dedede
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Mar 8 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #467

Staff Member

Great work, everyone. This one had so much more energy than the past episodes, everyone was bouncing off each other and being funny, it was good. And Siro stole the show.

Sean's your Aussie Ben now then? I'll be honest, I think I'd find him more threatening...
If you read this, you're gay.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 8 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #468

IRON FINGER

Wow. Siro and his tits and sex appeal?

I expected Mark to have a deeper voice. I initially thought it might be Karla at first sorry dude.

Hank sounds like someone I could get stoned with heh.

Karla sounds like I expected.

How big are these podkasts by the way? (download stream (10mb's?)?).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 8 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #469

Immortal Monkey

This episode was 58 MB.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post Mar 8 2011, 11:33 AM
Post #470

Animal Buddy

QUOTE(Jomingo @ Mar 7 2011, 02:40 PM) *

I'm listening right now, and I haven't had time to get a feel for how good it is (but I get the feeling it will be funny). So I'll get the (obvious) negative out of the way first, and give praise later (probably). The audio quality: First of all, somebody is using a mic without headphones and the sound from their speakers is coming through their mic causing the echo. I know because I did that my first time too. Second, I suggest you guys get a USB microphone rather than the ones with the little pink plug because they are much better quality.

Other than that I have no complaints so far, also by the time I finished this post I've laughed many times. Hank just fart/laughed. More impressions later.

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys don't like Winky, and I was having so much fun until I heard that.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The sound feedback from other microphones was me and Karla, we have headphones but apparently we have extremely LOUD headphones. We turned ours down and hopefully this problem is fixed for the next podcast we recorded.

Also Winky fucking sucks.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jeff
post Mar 8 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #471

DKVinecraft Admin

Any complaints with Winky's controls or abilities would have been fixed had he appeared in the sequel...

But anyway, I loved what I heard (I haven't finished it), and Siro you are a very funny guy. I would love to do a show with you sometime, you're a hoot. Overall the cast worked great together, everybody played off each other very well. Especially with Karla and spiders, she was a good sport about it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post Mar 8 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #472

Animal Buddy

Thanks, buddy! Glad you liked it!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Attenborough's Buzzard
post Mar 9 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #473

Kong Family Helper

I didn't like this episode, to be honest. The audio drove me nuts and the off topic banter was a bit irksome.

It was still a pleasure listening to Mark's voice, though. wub.gif The rest of you can go jump off a cliff.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post Mar 9 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #474

Animal Buddy

Thanks for the polite input!

Assuming you were talking about the audio problems, we tried to fix them and hopefully they won't be as frequent in the next episode.

Unfortunately, there's no fixing the off topic banter.

I'm actually going to build a time machine, go back to Sunday and re-record the podcast to make sure there's even more off-topic banter in the next episode.

It's going to be there.

Forever.

shakeitdontbreakit.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post May 1 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #475

Animal Buddy

HEY YOU

Do you like PODCAST?

Then you will love (tolerate) this podcast!

http://www.dkvine.com/podkast/episode_32.html

Maybe!

It has:

- Outdated few month old commentary.
- Beautiful pictures brought down from the heavens by a devilishly handsome angel.
- Mark! Such a host!
- Karla! She is a woman!
- Hank! So grumpy!
- Me! Yikes!

We talk about Mario Sports Mix! Your favorite game! If it isn't your favorite game it will be after we talk about it!

Roundtable Podcast: It sure is a podcast.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Waddle Dedede
post May 3 2011, 04:40 AM
Post #476

Staff Member

I DO LIKE PODCAST. It sounds pretty much as though you guys recorded this episode and the one before it back-to-back to save time...
All the same, it was a fun-filled fourty minutes* of ejaculation, comically exaggerated misogyny and (occasionally) Donkey Kong talk. Why not? I need something to listen to while I wank. :)

*I have no idea how long it actually was, and haven't bothered to check.
~ Waddle Dedede
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Grunt Von Veisaton
post May 3 2011, 06:24 AM
Post #477

Kong Family Helper

Love this! I just listened to it and you guys are just hilarious. You guys should do a live podcast during E3. I'd love to see you record your reactions as you watch it for each conference. Just a suggestion, but if you decide to do that I'd love to be in on it. Once again, always an enjoyable show!
[size=7][i]"Curse you , El Taco-Man!You can make fun of my weight,You can foil my plans,But when you ate my last bag of pork rinds, you went too far!"
-Grunt Von Veisaton
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post May 3 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #478

Animal Buddy

You two are so kind!

Doing a live podcast during E3 would be ridiculous. That's definitely something to consider.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post May 3 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #479

Video Game Hero

Did I hear something about a fish?
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kaptain K. Siro
post May 3 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #480

Animal Buddy

Can you be more specific? Not that I don't remember every detail of a podcast we recorded like three months ago!

Edit: Oh yeah! Cause you're Reggie Fishface.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Grunt Von Veisaton
post May 3 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #481

Kong Family Helper

QUOTE(Kaptain K. Siro @ May 3 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Doing a live podcast during E3 would be ridiculous. That's definitely something to consider.

Please do! I'd also love to be a part of it if that's alright(I've been wanting to contribute to this awesome place!) You rock like Rockcroc!
[size=7][i]"Curse you , El Taco-Man!You can make fun of my weight,You can foil my plans,But when you ate my last bag of pork rinds, you went too far!"
-Grunt Von Veisaton
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Chad
post May 26 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #482

Co-Founder

Just a heads up, I'm un-pinning this topic along with the one for The Vine. Things are getting a little too cluttered up top, and these topics will always be resurrected when new episodes come out anyway.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jeff
post Nov 24 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #483

DKVinecraft Admin

Well, if you take a gander at the main page you'll see that there is a new episode of The PoDKast live for your listening indifference! Consider it sort of a reboot with not much in common to the previous show. We're really curious to hear what YOU think of it, so if you take a listen please post your thoughts (be they good OR bad).

Happy Thanksgiving!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Nov 24 2011, 01:48 AM
Post #484

Video Game Hero

Wow none of you sound like I imagined.
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Katzii
post Nov 24 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #485

Video Game Hero

It thus far sounds very reminiscent of Saturday morning telly shows I used to watch back in the day. Great job, guys - looking forward to more from you three!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Nov 24 2011, 02:25 AM
Post #486

Video Game Hero

Mario Kart 7 is really Mario Kart 7, not Mario Kart 9.

1. Super Mario Kart (1992, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Virtual Console)
2. Mario Kart 64 (1996, Nintendo 64, Virtual Console)
3. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (2001, Game Boy Advance)
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003, Nintendo GameCube)
Mario Kart Arcade GP (2005, Arcade) (Co-developed by Namco)
5. Mario Kart DS (2005, Nintendo DS)
Mario Kart Arcade GP2 (2007, Arcade) (Co-developed by Namco)
6. Mario Kart Wii (2008, Wii)
7. Mario Kart 7 (2011, Nintendo 3DS)

But this is better than previous episodes. Matt is funny with his excessive jingles.
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Waddle Dedede
post Nov 24 2011, 03:58 AM
Post #487

Staff Member

I don't really understand why they shouldn't count, just because of Namco's involvement. Then again, who cares? I've played the arcade ones, I'm all in favour of erasing them from history along with Pacman and Mario Superstar Baseball. FIGHT THE POWER.

Anyway, PoDKast. Hmm. Listening to my own voice grates like nipples on a chalkboard. Still, "enjoy". It's a bit rubbish to begin with but I think it got a little bit better toward the second half. Maybe.
QUOTE(Katzii @ Nov 24 2011, 07:50 AM) *
It thus far sounds very reminiscent of Saturday morning telly shows I used to watch back in the day.
Haha, how can I possibly deny the inescapable influence of "Live & Kicking"? All we need to do is start interviewing shitty boy bands and having 13-year-old girls phone in.
That's what the show really needs. More 13-year-old girls.
~ Waddle Dedede
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Nov 24 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #488

Staff Member

And the PoDKast is reborn from the ashes like a phoenix! I'll have a listen when I get home from uni. I can't wait to be seduced by Matt and Jeffs' sexy voices...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Nov 24 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #489

Immortal Monkey

Oh, this I gotta hear. I'll get back to you by sundown.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
HappyBob
post Nov 24 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #490

Honorary Staff Member

Oh, excellent. I was hoping you'd follow through with threats to do this. It fulfills the internet's apparent need for an actual Donkey Kong podcast (which The Vine only barely strives to meet) and - not to play favourites before actually listening - as many platforms as possible for Matt's oh-so-witty wit.

Looking forward to latching on to as much of this tonight as the hotel's wifi will allow.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Slush
post Nov 24 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #491

Co-Founder/Editor-in-Chief

As I got a SPECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW, I have to say I enjoyed this a great deal. Since we at The Vine are striving more and more to make each episode an evergreen that you can relisten to again and again, it's nice to actually have a traditional podcast back on the site. Plus, this was really entertaining and cracked me up quite a few times (not easy to do). Good job.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Nov 24 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #492

Staff Member

Great work, boys! And very nice production value, the musical stings added a lot of charm to the podcast, especially the "Stay tuned, it'll get better in a minute" one, and the medley including the DK, Banjo and Conker themes started it off with a nice mood.

All three of the boys were funny and had a good presence; Jeff's much more lively here than when he was on The Vine. Now he's the new Mark. The decision to limit the discussion to just half an hour also kept things to the point without getting tedious, and it was just the right length of time...where's my tissue?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Katzii
post Nov 24 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #493

Video Game Hero

QUOTE(Waddle Dedede @ Nov 24 2011, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Katzii @ Nov 24 2011, 07:50 AM) *
It thus far sounds very reminiscent of Saturday morning telly shows I used to watch back in the day.
Haha, how can I possibly deny the inescapable influence of "Live & Kicking"? All we need to do is start interviewing shitty boy bands and having 13-year-old girls phone in.

Now you just need to have a crappy televised game with someone yelling "LEFT, LEFT, LEFTLEFTLEFT" and having the character on-screen deliberately not respond so the callers never win any prizes.

But then that would eliminate the point of an audio show.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Nov 24 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #494

Immortal Monkey

Well that was a hell of a lot of fun. It got me laughing on the bus, which is a terrible thing to do but what the hey. It's amazing to see what actual production values can do for a concept, something that I was never able to give it.

Godspeed, guys. You did better in half an hour than what nearly three years worth of content tried to. Keep it up, and I'll keep listening.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
HappyBob
post Nov 24 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #495

Honorary Staff Member

Well, that was really very swell. With the snappy running time, perpetual background music and OH GOD YES MUSIC CUES, that was far slicker than any Dudes Talking In Skype About Video Games show I've ever heard.  And I have heard literally more than five of them.

My only itty bitty concern is the newbie friendliness, as most attempts to explain the series' history got waylaid or distorted with LIES pretty quickly. This could be very easily fixed by plotting out all the major factual points in Google Docs first, giving you more luxury to make the funny in between.  This is clearly a show for People Like Us and you clearly know your audience, but with these basic housekeeping steps covered, the sense of fun should be enough to keep newcomers jogging along.

And please, more music! All music! All the time!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Karla
post Nov 25 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #496

LOVES KYLO REN A LOT

Hahaha, that was worth it just for Matt's musical interludes but everything else was great, too. The pacing was perfect. These things should NEVER run past 45 minutes. Even 40 is pushing it, so striving for 30/just over 30 minutes is perfect. Jeff, you're much more relaxed/natural now and seem to be enjoying yourself a lot more, which is nice to listen to.

Do you guys have a planned time frame for getting these episodes out? Don't fall into an impossible trap like the old one did. Once a month is probably good enough. Maybe bi-weekly if there's a new game coming out.

And I want an MP3 of that closing out song yesterday!!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FamiKong
post Nov 25 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #497

Video Game Hero

Technically it's Po-DK-Ast, but I'm not complaining.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Waddle Dedede
post Nov 25 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #498

Staff Member

That's how I used to pronounce it! I was RE-EDUCATED.

Anyway, everyone's been so sweet (especially you, Sean). It's appreciated, we really weren't sure about this thing (especially considering the last PoDKast's Mark/Siro/Karla/Hank lineup, which had started to work quite well, I reckon).
We'll carry on and hopefully it'll get better. Maybe.

Joem'd: I think you'll find Ben's voice out-sexies the both of us!

Katzle: Christ, I completely forgot about those things, haha. Anyhow, I'll see if I can hire Trev 'n' Simon for a session. It's PICKLIN' TIME.

Alastair: I take your point, and it probably does us good to at least maintain the illusion of new listeners even if this is an utter fiction! I realise we were largely unsuccessful in explaining anything in any kind of coherent way. Thanks for being nice about it, though!

Karlz: Oh, go on then, I'll upload it t'night. If only for the perverse pleasure that will come from the composer credit "Wise/Glitter".
~ Waddle Dedede
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jeff
post Nov 25 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #499

DKVinecraft Admin

Thanks everybody for all the feedback, it's really appreciated!

Karla: Yeah, 30ish minutes is going to be the length of every episode, no exceptions. You won't see a 40 minuter unless there's a really good reason for it. In 30 minutes, we have just enough time to cover some talking ground, but not long enough that you realize we don't know what we're talking about. We're gonna stick to that requirement even if it means editing out good chunks of dialogue (and believe me, we did). Just so you know, our recording session took us 2 hours, and we had an hour and a half of the actual recorded show. So yeah, we'll be able to bring pretty much anything down to the 30 minute mark (by me, I mean Matt).

Karla(again!): As for our recording schedule, we do have a fairly specific plan mapped out well into the future, but I don't want to state it publicly just in case we can't stick to it. But I will say this: at this point in time, we have every intention of releasing these regularly, and by that I mean more than once a month.

The show isn't really all that dependent on actual news for us to keep going, so regardless of the news landscape we can still churn out 30 minute DKU conversations regularly. Also, we hope to get more comfortable with the format and with each other, and be able to record them closer to real time (ie, not recording an hour and a half and editing it down, but actually recording like a 40-45 minute show without all the crap/filler). Once we get to that point, these will be easy to do (especially with the short run time).

But again, I'm not making any promises! All of this is just wishful thinking at this point, we'll see how it turns out.

Also, to everybody: We don't have anything in this department planned for the next 1 or 2 episodes, but in the future we'll be asking for audience participation! This will always be in the form of submitted audio recordings, not letters. Also, we are open to suggestions as far as new recurring segments, episode themes, and the like. I'd rather this thread be reserved for actual show feedback, so if you want to suggest anything, the email link is on the PoDKast page!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rawk
post Nov 26 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #500

Immortal Monkey

The cast you guys have thrown together for this is spot-on! No one's personas overlap at all. Jeff is down to earth, Ben is less down to earth, and Matt - AHAHAHAHA! (Now every time I read one of those capitalized words that Matt sneaks into every post I'm gonna read it in that high-pitched "ADVANCED COMPUTER MODELING" voice.)

Great work dudes. I look forward to more.

EDIT: By the way, what is the song that's playing while you guys are talking about MK7 near the end?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Start new topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 07:42 AM
Banana Coins don't grow on trees! Please help keep this site running.
DK Vine Forums