Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donkey Kong Country Forever/Donkey Kong 3D Discussion, Spoilers!
M-Dog1000000
post Feb 27 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #301

Immortal Monkey

QUOTE(Caramelman @ Feb 27 2012, 06:13 AM) *

The question is, is TS4 a game the internet would go bananas about either?

Perhaps, it does have a pretty good fanbase and following online. And it's more of a core title that could get the internet folks excited.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Feb 27 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #302

Video Game Hero

So it's not DKCR2 apparently since he's not hinting at anything.
https://twitter.com/#!/johnnyminkley/st...151806778212353
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Feb 27 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #303

Video Game Hero

And it was in development a long time ago and was canceled, which would give a reappearance extra push.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
M-Dog1000000
post Feb 27 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #304

Immortal Monkey

QUOTE(reggiefishaime @ Feb 27 2012, 06:55 PM) *

So it's not DKCR2 apparently since he's not hinting at anything.
https://twitter.com/#!/johnnyminkley/st...151806778212353

Lame. Who seriously says "bananas" for going crazy these days?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
koopaul
post Feb 27 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #305

Immortal Monkey

So yes what would make the internet go bananas? Something outrageous I think.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Zeppelin
post Feb 27 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #306

Video Game Hero

In that case, what a dipshit. How was it saying "too much" then? Part of me hopes he might just be covering his ass.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Feb 29 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #307

Video Game Hero

This was pointed out to me previously; it could also be Monkey Island, Super Monkey Ball or Ape Escape. Of course, only Donkey Kong Country or Monkey Island would actually be exciting to people on the internet.
If you read this, you're gay.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Caramelman
post Feb 29 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #308

Animal Buddy

By now, I'm pretty sure he had the Unreal engine 4 in mind that will be shown at GDC.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Waddle Dedede
post Feb 29 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #309

Queen Banana Bird

Dunno where we'd be without you Caramelman (or, as I've always known you, Always-Knows-More-Stuff-Than-Me-Man)! Still, I think it's an amusing enough find to blindly speculate on, regardless of what it is he's actually talking about.
Personally, I'm holding out for the revivial of MS-DOS classic, Gorillas.

IPB Image

IMAGINE THEM WITH REALISTIC FUR!!!!
~ Waddle Dedede
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Frogstar
post Mar 1 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #310

Animal Buddy

IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 1 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #311

Kong Fuck Shit Doowiteh Enniweh

I imagine that is something they'd do for Jungle Beat Returns heh.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Caramelman
post Mar 1 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #312

Animal Buddy

Donkey Kong Big Ape City Heat thefuturessobright.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
No No No, Wrong Way!
post Mar 1 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #313

Video Game Hero

Anything with the Teletubbies Sun (or is it Son?) in it gets an A in my book.
Pac-man, get the cherry!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Caramelman
post Mar 2 2012, 06:21 AM
Post #314

Animal Buddy

You mean Jessica Smith?

IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 9 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #315

At EB Games, they are advertising 'donkey Kong 3D' for preorder. I'll post a pic later.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FamiKong
post Mar 9 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #316

Kong

Here's hoping that means we get a 3D remake of the arcade classic!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Bahmo (DK Spartacus)
post Mar 9 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #317

Video Game Hero

Here's hoping that was sarcasm.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 9 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #318

IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Bahmo (DK Spartacus)
post Mar 9 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #319

Video Game Hero

Here's hoping that was sarcasm.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 9 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #320

Nope heh.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FamiKong
post Mar 9 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #321

Kong

In a way it was. While I do enjoy the Arcade DK games (and not the Mario vs. DK games, though I'm sure I'd at least enjoy the first one) I'd rather have a Donkey Kong Country inspired game.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Frogstar
post Mar 10 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #322

Animal Buddy

I really hope they know something we don't! Did you pre-order that sucker?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 10 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #323

Video Game Hero

My memory wants me to believe that these stores have jumped the gun before with game titles (and obviously the dates are all wrong, like with Smash 3DS), but this is something that they'd want you to put money down for, right? I'm going to assume that charging money to pre-order a game they've just made up is hella illegal and not likely to happen.

God damn, this is so weird.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 10 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #324

Heh, no I have an allergy to pre-ordering. The only thing I've ever pre-ordered is the Xbox360 with Perfect Dark and From Dust on Steam.

I suspect this might be either a DK64 3DS title, DKLR or a completely new DK game. I didn't ask the guys at EB what the pre-order was about and their info as there were too many damn customers in the shop buying shit.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Kobble
post Mar 10 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #325

Video Game Hero

My guess: EB Games is being stupid and don't know what the hell they're doing. Anyone that pre-orders that is going to be disappointed and will come back for a refund.

Or Scraps69 is fucking with us.

OR GORDON'S ALIVE‽‽ DONKEY KONG 3DS
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
No No No, Wrong Way!
post Mar 10 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #326

Video Game Hero

Well, the fact that Scraps apparently took this picture himself at least eliminates the possibility of someone else on the internet making this up.

If this is all true though, I think it is hilarious that EB Games is already offering pre-orders for the 3DS Smash. Also, just like Nuts and Bolts for the XBox, this would definitely convince me to finally get a 3DS.
Pac-man, get the cherry!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Karla
post Mar 10 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #327

Banana Fairy Princess

Is there any way that picture is photoshopped? I can't tell, but I haven't examined it closely. It's just...what Sean said rings true. I don't know if there would be anything actually illegal about pre-selling a game that for all intents and purposes doesn't exist yet, but it sure as hell seems wrong. Not to mention really stupid. Has Gamestop ever had this kind of insider info before? E3 is in a few months so we won't know until then. There was that other game conference Alastair and Ben were at but if anything was announced there we would have heard about it, right? RIGHT?

This just seems really weird. All those other games are at least confirmed, most with release dates and everything...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Bahmo (DK Spartacus)
post Mar 10 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #328

Video Game Hero

I'm guessing Nintendo thinks that they should strike while the iron is hot, and they might be right. DKCR was a big hit; it made Donkey Kong a big conversation piece for the first time in years, and so even if the next DK game is nothing but an idea right now, right now is also when the concept of a new DK game is most appealing, and they know more people would pay ahead of time now, when DKCR is fresh in their heads, than they would later, when the last DK game in recent memory may be another forgettable spin-off.

I'd be more skeptical if it was just a store marquee as the only evidence of this, but the fact that Nintendo has been beating around the bush about it lately (and their 3DS preview movie used DK stuff) makes me think that it's likely to be true.

Here's a (maybe) awesome thought: What if Rare is making this game? They aren't technically banned from doing so.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 10 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #329

Video Game Hero

A 3DS Donkey Kong game is inevitable; the issue here is whether or not one is currently in production to the point where a retailer can be aware of it and put it up for pre-order. E3 is four months away, and GDC had nothing. This is either a hell of a leak, or EB Games (hell, maybe just this one particular store) is jumping the gun a lot, which I have to question since people's money is in play here. I can't think of any other time where a brick-and-mortar retailer has opened pre-orders for a game that no one is sure exists yet.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
TheMasterDS
post Mar 10 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #330

Master of Banana Coin

I'll say that I don't trust that it's a DKC game just because it has DK and Diddy on the box as I think the box could be a placeholder thrown together to match the name and not evidence of what the game will actually turn out to be. That said I do think if they're charging for it seems like good odds it's an actual thing, so that's good. Probably.

Hey Scraps, check your PM inbox!
Ghoooooost
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Frogstar
post Mar 10 2012, 04:14 AM
Post #331

Animal Buddy

This is very strange. EB Games online doesn't have Donkey Kong 3D listed, but a few other notable sites do, like Gamespot, GameFAQs, and Metactric. None of them have any info, but GameFAQs has a small forum with entries dating back to E3 2010, and Metacritic has a single, one-sentence review from ONM saying "Nintendo's best kept secret."

My guess would be that EB Games got a release list that included Donkey Kong 3D and so they had their art department whip up a demo box (as they did for Smash Bros and probably lots of other games), but how did it get on that list in the first place? They might have assumed the game existed from the DK barrels in the 3DS E3 trailer like GameFAQs did, but why are we only seeing it now?

Wouldn't it be sweet if Retro actually started working on this game while they were finishing DKCR? It's feasible considering the fact that the 3DS is basically a portable Wii in terms of it's graphical capabilities. With the engine and a big chunk of the art assets already in place, a new game could definitely be shown at E3 and out by Christmas. They wouldn't need their whole staff either, so maybe part of the team was working on this while the others helped out on Mario Kart.

Maybe it's too much to hope for, but you never know. I choose to be optimistic (so that my hopes can be more thoroughly crushed come E3).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 10 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #332

Just to clarify.. yes you can pay money to preorder and yes I took the photo on my mobile when I was at the shop.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Nintenfreak
post Mar 10 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #333

Video Game Hero

According to my soul source, Derek, EBGames is taking preorders for a Donkey Kong 3D. Could it be Donkey Kong 64 3D? Or maybe it's Donkey Kong Land Returns? Who Knows, I'm just happy.

IPB Image

Well fuck that's what I get for not reading the topic at the top of the page. I'd delete this thread but I don't see how.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Nintenfreak
post Mar 10 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #334

Video Game Hero

Or fuck, I could have just come in this topic.

Also, that SSB3DS release date is AWFULLY optimistic.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 10 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #335

Video Game Hero

Nintenfreak's post refers to the fact that a mutual acquaintance has discovered other EB Games stores (even though that's a Canadian outlet and the friend lives in the US...) taking preorders for the game as well. So it's not just one store doing it.

Makes me want to go to one of the EB Games in my town, actually...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Nintenfreak
post Mar 10 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #336

Video Game Hero

Now Derek believes, and we aren't entirely certain about this, that they might be getting their information from a site like GameFAQs, which has had Donkey Kong 3D listed since 2010, because of the Buddy Barrels in the presentation.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 10 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #337

Video Game Hero

Yeah, I know TVTropes was assuming a DK game was going as early as 2010 because of that intro. Strange to do it two years later though, and again, EB Games would technically be scamming their customers if they were taking money for a game that doesn't officially exist.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Slush
post Mar 10 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #338

Queen Banana Bird

Technically, this discussion should be taking place in the Donkey Kong Land Returns thread. Just saying.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sean
post Mar 10 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #339

Video Game Hero

Hey guys, we're on IGN for a legitimate reason. Up in the world, man.

By the way, nicely done with the main site article, Clutch. Succinct and made me laugh.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
No No No, Wrong Way!
post Mar 10 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #340

Video Game Hero

Hopefully this will lead to an influx of new users straight from the IGN boards, which is what we all want, right?

...Right?

Either way, it always makes me feel a little warm inside when I see comments on places other than here talking about how great Donkey Kong is.
Pac-man, get the cherry!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Clutch
post Mar 10 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #341

Queen Banana Bird

Thanks Sean. IGN nearly scooped us on ourselves, so I'm glad I got it up.

QUOTE(No No No, Wrong Way! @ Mar 10 2012, 04:26 PM) *

Hopefully this will lead to an influx of new users straight from the IGN boards, which is what we all want, right?

So long as everyone still thinks we hate Nintendo, loathe DK Arcade, and devour babies (note to prospective members actually reading this: we don't) we'll be fine.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 10 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #342

Hahaha! What the fuck? My picture is appearing on a games website? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Sorry, too many exclamations heh.

EDIT: So Clutch, you wrote that? Nice job!

EDIT2: When I get a chance I'll go back to the shop and get more details about it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ReggieFish
post Mar 10 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #343

Video Game Hero

QUOTE(Slush @ Mar 10 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Technically, this discussion should be taking place in the Donkey Kong Land Returns thread. Just saying.

Yep.

And retailers are known for putting up pre-orders for things that don't exist yet, but will eventually be announced. By calling it Donkey Kong 3D, they can change the placeholder to any Donkey Kong game years down the road like Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3D.
Video games YEAH!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Yusuf
post Mar 10 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #344

Video Game Hero

In honor of all of you, I insulted an ignorant asshole on the IGN comments. It's my duty. Chad and Slush, beware, this will bring lots of members, more site traffic, these boards will be a hot spot for spambots.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
SGTFROG
post Mar 10 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #345

No Hoper

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/132202730#132203591
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
M-Dog1000000
post Mar 10 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #346

Immortal Monkey

Gah! 3DS or Wii U, doesn't matter, a new DKC this year would be awesome. However, I can't help but think it'd be too much for Nintendo if they're also releasing a new 2D Super Mario Bros.. I suppose, whichever system doesn't get 2D Mario this year, should get Donkey Kong, that would be a nice balance.

Or whatever, Mario and Donkey Kong, same system, same timeframe, it could happen.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Liu_Kong
post Mar 10 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #347

Drone

Trustworthy sources have told me that the next Donkey Kong game will be a RTS, called "Ape of Empires".
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FamiKong
post Mar 10 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #348

Kong

I can't wait for them to announce that this is a PAON game.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Scraps69
post Mar 10 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #349

Talked to the blokes at eb games. They said that the headquarters of eb games sent them the donkey Kong 3d ds covers and that they are on display. So I'm assuming the hq of Australia eb games (though he mentioned DC eb games, so maybe usa headquarters) knows that something big is happening. The staff I talked to thinks this will be released in a few months. When I asked if I could preorder it, the staff said I couldn't preorder it yet but the option should be available soon and it will probably be in the AUD$ 60-70 range.

I also took some more photos to post later in case any of you lads are in doubt about my previous pic including a silly one heh.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FamiKong
post Mar 10 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #350

Kong

Definitely get a shot of what is on the back cover. I doubt there's game footage, but I just wanna know what they've put on there.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:38 AM
DK Vine Forums
Banana Coins don't grow on trees! Please help keep this site running.