Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Start new topicStart new topic
> The Expanded Arcade Era appreciation & discussion thread, for Arcade Era DK and its non-DKC continuations
GmanSir
post Mar 30 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #251

Kong Family Helper

I used to have the 2006 version, but it ended up in the trash when we were moving because half of the set was missing.
Hi
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stilt Village
post Mar 30 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #252

Video Game Hero

She's definitely not a space on either board, though it's quite interesting to see what changes between the original and 2010 renditions (Star Fox and F-Zero content is excised, Pikmin and Animal Crossing are added). Interestingly, Dixie and Diddy are present through both versions and the DK series gets its own section of color properties, even though this was the Buyout Era. There's also a screenshot from Crocodile Cauldron. Bizarrely, the 2010 version swaps Ganondorf out for Midna, of all things. The character who was relevant in 2006...

I don't see mention of Pauline on the cards either (Mario Wiki only gives the text, she might be in pictures if the cards have them), but she definitely appears in a screenshot of 25m on the 2006 board (to the left of Mario's leg):
IPB Image
There's a wide variety of shots spanning games that aren't usually featured (like TTYD), so she could be in others too, it's hard to see them even in the biggest pictures of the board.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Mar 30 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #253

Immortal Monkey

Hrm. And I don't really feel like spending the time/money tracking this down. Ugh.

Interesting about the changes between editions. I wonder what it would look like if they were to put out another edition today.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post Mar 30 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #254

Video Game Hero

Scraps has one of the editions, we played it at his house one time. I honestly don't remember which but probably the 2010 one since he bought it recently.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 2 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #255

Immortal Monkey

Speaking of Pauline, people (who aren't otherwise voting for someone they like more, of course) should go vote for her in the Smash poll. Nintendo's First Lady (get it?) deserves a more proactive role after three and a half decades.

IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 4 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #256

Immortal Monkey

Discovered this while looking for more Arcade DK stuff on ebay:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Interesting.

Not sure how much this "counts", as far as the distinction between "toy" and "game" goes, but it's neat all the same.

Also, it's blurry, but does that say copyright 2005 on the back? A rare late appearance of tie-wearing DK Sr if so.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rawk
post Apr 4 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #257

Immortal Monkey

What is that landscape in the background of the Pauline picture? Like, is it supposed to be something significant or even Nintendo related?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 4 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #258

Immortal Monkey

I believe it's stock Smash art. It shows up in some of the other "support Pauline!" posters, mostly in the Mario Kart ones. The rest of them have some generic-ish environments with the smash logo scattered around as well.

EDIT: actually, shit, I think it's one of the backgrounds for that Smash mode where you can take pictures with trophies.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post Apr 5 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #259

Video Game Hero

Oh man, do I have to cover this in Honourable Mentions? It's a lot like a video game, except without actually being one. I don't think I do. Cool find, it's crazy the kind of merchandise that pops up.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 5 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #260

Immortal Monkey

Should we can pair it up with this thing in a new "handheld arcade game" ('arcade' in the classical, non-video, sense) category?

IPB Image

I don't know.

I'm going to see if I can find more of this sort of thing.

And I'm still trying to find an actual Donkey Kong pinball table, but the closest I've gotten is that table-top DKC one.

Jeez, Nintendo just put out all sorts of kitsch back in the day, didn't they?

Not quite a 'game', per se...
IPB Image

...I want it.
IPB Image

I want these too
IPB Image

Scratch cards!
IPB Image
IPB Image

Also, bonus, not Arcade Era but HOLY SHIT HOW DID WE NOT KNOW THIS WAS A THING?!?!
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
NES Boy
post Apr 6 2015, 12:33 AM
Post #261

Secret Squirrel

QUOTE(I.M.Gibbon @ Apr 5 2015, 09:28 PM) *
HOLY SHIT HOW DID WE NOT KNOW THIS WAS A THING?!?!
IPB Image

That Cranky on the box seems to come from one of the screenshots used in Klobber's feature on the show.

QUOTE(What I just linked to)
Yeah, I can't think of a single character in this show whose design is anywhere near the level of the games. Just look at Cranky Kong. Just...just look at him.

IPB Image
Back in my day, we had respect. And respect was all you needed.

I think the image above speaks for itself, much like the giant penis in Banjo-Tooie. Only this is even more disturbing.
[IMG]http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/Ax-Em/yelling.gif[/IMG]
Feel the terror! Experience the horror! Witness this guy fail to keep a straight face!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sun-Wukong
post Apr 6 2015, 12:48 AM
Post #262

Immortal Monkey

It's weird how promotional stuff for the animated series like that mixes character models from the show with more game-accurate ones.
[quote name='Slush' date='Apr 15 2013, 10:10 PM' post='275494']That's like saying all black people are related. Disgusting. I had no idea MasterDS was actually MasterRaceDS.[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 6 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #263

Immortal Monkey

So I just found out about Family BASIC.

IPB Image

Initially released in June of 1984, with a second version (title Family BASIC V3) released in February of 1985, Family Basic, for the famicom, came with a keyboard and was, in theory, a family friendly programming interface with some pre-made assets and example games with which you could write NES stuff and save them out to cassette, Commodore-style.

IPB Image

Among the assets and premade stuff included are level assets from Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr, the fire enemy from Donkey Kong, the bird enemies from Donkey Kong Jr, Mario (of course), and a playable version of Pauline, with a complete sprite-set for movement, jumping, and falling.

IPB Image

Hollllllllllllllllllllllllly shit.

IPB ImageIPB Image

I kind of want this now.

Also, I'm amazed that I keep managing to find 'new' stuff like this. Wonders never cease. smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Man-Frog
post Apr 6 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #264

Immortal Monkey

Why are you so obsessed with Pauline? Do you have some sort of fetish for women in red cocktail dresses who do nothing but get kidnapped by apes and nuzzle wind-up toys?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post Apr 6 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #265

Video Game Hero

Man-Frog, pull that stick out of your arse. Gibbon, what an astounding find! I'm guessing that guy who modded DK Arcade for his daughter to play as Pauline didn't know about these sprites, but they would be perfect to use in a hack. Nintendo really should be doing things like that themselves, in the manner of the Sonic rereleases that add Tails and Knuckles to the early games. So can this thing let you make your own levels? It's like Mario Maker but 30 years early!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GmanSir
post Apr 6 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #266

Kong Family Helper

That Pauline hack of Donkey Kong, are the sprites just Mario with Pauline's head on it?
Hi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 6 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #267

Immortal Monkey

No, the guy went in and swapped out Mario with Pauline and then the original Pauline sprite(s) with Mario. IIRC, he filled out Pauline's running, climbing, jumping, and falling animations by hand, but I'll have to double check.

I talk about it in this post:
QUOTE(I.M.Gibbon @ Oct 13 2014, 10:34 PM) *

So since I brought it up in another post, let's talk about Donkey Kong mods, hacks, and fan games. The two major ones these days are the Pauline Edition and D2K Jumpman Returns, though there are others. I'll mainly be talking about the few that keep the DK flavor, and not the ones that mod the game into other IPs.

IPB Image

Donkey Kong: Pauline Edition is exactly what it says on the tin. You play as Pauline to rescue Mario instead of the other way around. Some versions of the mod replace Pauline's parasol, bag, and hat with tools (presumably belonging to Mario) for Pauline to collect instead.

Given how simple the concept is, I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't happened before. This is notably pretty much Pauline's only playable outing, anywhere.

IPB Image

There's really not a whole lot to the mod, though the story behind it is somewhat adorable. A little girl asked her father how to play as Pauline in Donkey Kong, assuming that she could after playing as Peach in Super Mario Bros. 2. He then went about modding a rom for her so she could do so. Pretty awesome Dad right there.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
TTJ94
post Apr 6 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #268

Animal Buddy

I.M. Gibbon, I just made a thread about this, but it might interest you to know that in 1993 and 1994 Nintendo produced a series of official character guides to be used internally by employees and licensees and such. They contained profiles on Donkey Kong characters, including the Country games, but right now the only such profile that has surfaced (to my knowledge) is Pauline's...

IPB Image

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2014/12/mar...ter-manual.html

Enjoy!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 6 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #269

Immortal Monkey

Ahahaha that's fucking glorious!

Cheers TTJ!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 6 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #270

Immortal Monkey

Interesting note, Pauline being playable in Family BASIC means that, like Peach, she's playable in her third outing after being someone to rescue in the prior two (Donkey Kong and Pinball).

Her first playable appearance also precedes Peach's first appearance period by about three months.

Unlike Peach, though, Pauline then took a decade vacation.

wealllose.gif

Oh well, she's been back for a while, and was actually DK's co-antagonist in her latest outing! Hopefully she'll be playable again sometime soon.

approve.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 8 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #271

Immortal Monkey

Hell, let's take this a step further.

Pauline has had tangible in-person appearances in Donkey Kong, Pinball, Family BASIC, Donkey Kong '94, March of the Minis, Minis March Again, Mini-Land Mayhem, Minis on the Move, and Tipping Stars. (9 games, or 8 if you count DK & '94 as the same)

Of those, she was a "damsel in distress" in Donkey Kong, Pinball, Donkey Kong '94, March of the Minis, and Mini-Land Mayhem. (5 games, or, again, 4 if you count DK & 94 as the same)

That means that she's being rescued in 50% of her in-person appearances, is co-antagonist in 25% (Minis March Again and Tipping Stars), is playable in 12.5% (BASIC), and is one of the passive protagonists in the remaining 12.5% (Minis on the Move).

That is a much better ratio than Princess Peach, who is kidnapped in damn near everything outside of sports titles, and even then there's no guarantee.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
The Saf
post Apr 8 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #272

Resident DKU Legal Expert Biscuit

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread, so I don't know how much this has been brought up, but here's a review of the Donkey Kong boardgame by classic turn-of-the-aughts retro nostalgia site X-Entertainment, one of my all-time faves. Weird how strictly they stuck to the video games, isn't it?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sun-Wukong
post Apr 8 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #273

Immortal Monkey

QUOTE(Man-Frog @ Apr 6 2015, 05:23 PM) *
Do you have some sort of fetish for women in red cocktail dresses who do nothing but get kidnapped by apes and nuzzle wind-up toys?
Who doesn't?
[quote name='Slush' date='Apr 15 2013, 10:10 PM' post='275494']That's like saying all black people are related. Disgusting. I had no idea MasterDS was actually MasterRaceDS.[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 8 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #274

Immortal Monkey

QUOTE(A Saf @ Apr 8 2015, 05:52 PM) *

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread, so I don't know how much this has been brought up, but here's a review of the Donkey Kong boardgame by classic turn-of-the-aughts retro nostalgia site X-Entertainment, one of my all-time faves. Weird how strictly they stuck to the video games, isn't it?

Oh damn that's a great write-up! Thanks for the link Saf!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 19 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #275

Immortal Monkey

So, since it's taking me for fuck ever to do one giant smash post, I'm going to break it up by game.

Super Smash Bros. (1999)

IPB Image

The game that launched a thousand angry fan-match-ups and floated a series that causes us all to loose our collective shit every half decade or so.

Surprisingly lite on the Arcade Era content. Or not so surprisingly, I guess, given that it came out during the height of the Rare era. There are some gems in here however.

The most obvious shoutout is The Hammer.

IPB Image

Based off the OG Powerup of Donkey Kong, it functions damn near identically, causing the player character to swing the hammer repeatedly while the iconic hammer music blares through the speakers.

Next up is Mario & Luigi's alternate colors.

IPB Image

Mario's brown color has been confirmed by Nintendo to be a reference to Foreman Spike of Wrecking Crew, and he also sports his original arcade colors and his green/orange Wrecking Crew attire.

IPB Image

Luigi's alternates are his in-game Mario Bros colors, his colors cabinet art Mario Bros colors, and, like his brother, his Wrecking Crew attire.

IPB Image

Special bonus mention of DK's second palette, which resembles the DK'94 Super Gameboy coloration of Donkey Kong Sr of Black Fur and Bright Red Tie.

Next up is the Target Tests.

IPB Image
While the battle stage to rep the DK franchise is based off of DKC, his Target Test is filled with familiar red girders.

IPB Image

As is Mario's! Nice surprise, that.

IPB Image

Luigi's is modelled more off of arcade Mario Bros ascetics. They seem to be have going with a "game of origin" theme with the Target Tests in this game.

IPB Image

The original Smash Bros also had a mode called "Board the Platforms" that I had completely forgotten about until researching this. God, it's been forever since I played Smash 64.

Anyway, again, they went with a "game of origin" theming for these.

Mario's:

IPB Image

Luigi's:

IPB Image

and Donkey Kong's:

IPB Image

And that, my friends, about wraps up the Smash 64 portion of the Smash entry. Longer than I thought it was going to be.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GmanSir
post Apr 19 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #276

Kong Family Helper

approve.gif Pretty good entry Gibbon, I know a lot about Smash, but I never realized Luigi's arena's were based on the Mario Bros. game. Pretty weird that only the Mario related characters and Samus have their arenas based on their games, unless you want to count Link's looking slightly similar to the NES LoZ pallet.
Hi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post Apr 19 2015, 11:32 PM
Post #277

Video Game Hero

QUOTE(I.M.Gibbon @ Apr 20 2015, 12:08 PM) *

Based off the OG Powerup of Donkey Kong, it functions damn near identically, causing the player character to swing the hammer repeatedly while the iconic hammer music blares through the speakers.

I think you mean the OP powerup, eh? At least in Smash it is.

Great post, breaking them up is a good idea, it's always hard to view and quote an exceptionally long post. I forgot how tailored for each character the bonus games in Smash 64 were, or at least for these characters. You covered it well, looking forward to the next one.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 20 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #278

Immortal Monkey

I was using "OG" in the "original gangsta" context.

And oh dear lords in hell the amount of content goes up exponentially each Smash title. So much stuff to sift through. @___@
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post Apr 21 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #279

Video Game Hero

Yeah, I know just making a lame joke. If you want you could break it up even more; do a post on costumes, another on stages, etc. I think people like a trickle better than a big dump anyway. Eh lads?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
NES Boy
post Apr 21 2015, 02:32 AM
Post #280

Secret Squirrel

QUOTE(Milo @ Apr 21 2015, 02:57 AM) *
Yeah, I know just making a lame joke. If you want you could break it up even more; do a post on costumes, another on stages, etc. I think people like a trickle better than a big dump anyway. INSERT SAF IMPRESSION HERE

I agree with Milo. The very first Super Smash Bros. was light in content compared to its more ambitious descendants, so taking the bigger games on piece by piece is just the right approach.
[IMG]http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/Ax-Em/yelling.gif[/IMG]
Feel the terror! Experience the horror! Witness this guy fail to keep a straight face!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
XD375
post Apr 21 2015, 08:25 AM
Post #281

Video Game Hero

At least one of the articles for the new Pixels mobile game says Donkey Kong is in the game. It's not the real Donkey Kong, but if this is true it's worth mentioning. Other articles I've seen don't mention Donkey Kong though.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Dong Jungle
post Apr 21 2015, 08:57 AM
Post #282

Kong Family Helper

It's interesting that Nintendo wouldn't give away Mario to Wreck-It Ralph other than for a high premium, yet Donkey Kong is in this Pixel movie.

People can draw their own conclusions from it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post Apr 21 2015, 09:11 AM
Post #283

Immortal Monkey

Considering Wreck-It Ralph is basically Donkey Kong Expy: The Movie, that is indeed a bit odd, now that you mention it. Will have to take a look at the Pixels game when the time arrives.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GmanSir
post Apr 21 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #284

Kong Family Helper

I thought the director of Destroy-it Dan said they couldn't find a role meaningful enough for Mario to appear in.
Hi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ILDC
post May 10 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #285

Kong

Has it been pointed out how much the 25m music sounds like "Don't be Cruel" by Elvis?

Sadly, it doesn't sound anything like "Don't Be Cruel" by Bobby Brown.

https://open.spotify.com/user/ildc/playlist/5qUhmwwXvrOkCLvilDocmH
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 11 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #286

Immortal Monkey

I am so. very. tired. And a little buzzed. And listening to the Forum Watch. So let's do this.

SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE (2001)

IPB Image

The N64 game went over well, but to say that Melee was well received would be akin to saying that Hitler was slightly annoyed with the Jews.

While the original had more Arcade Era references than I expected, so I assume this will be the same, threefold.

Let's start with the items.

ITEMS

IPB Image

Again, the most obvious shoutout is the Hammer, which is more or less unchanged from it's N64 incarnation.

IPB Image

The Freezie rears it's eccentric mug after neerly two decades, originating in Mario Bros for arcades. When launched, it travels along a surface and freezes the first player it runs into.

IPB Image

Special shoutout to The Parasol, which claims to originate in the Kirby series, but we all know the truth....

I think that's it, as far as items go...

Next up, Costumes!

COSTUMES

IPB Image

Luigi's alts are the same as before, in-game Mario Bros, cabinet art Mario Bros, Wrecking Crew.

IPB Image

Same for Mario, keeping his Foreman Spike, Arcade attire, and Wrecking Crew alts.

IPB Image

Similarly, DK keeps his grey-furred gameboy coloring alt, though the tie is now blue, as well as the bright red fur alt now being attributed to his Arcade coloring (though again, the tie is the wrong color). Also special mention to the green color scheme, which is attributed to the original gameboy's sick green pallet. On the N64, the skin-tone and tie were also appropriate shades of green, instead of just the fur. SOrry for not pointing all those out last time.

And, while we're talking about characters...

IPB Image

...we've got the goddamn Ice-Climbers in this game! Nana and Popo (or should that be Popo and Nana?) come out of retirement and back into the spotlight! They are, of course, the stars of the tenuously linked Arcade Era spinoff games Ice-Climber and Vs. Ice-Climber.

IPB Image

And special shoutout to newcomer Mr. Game & Watch, who has moves made up of homages to and animations from old Game & Watch games, including Greenhouse, Mario Bros, and Donkey Kong Jr, among others.

BREAK THE TARGETS

No Board the Platforms this time, but Target Smash returns with more arcade-themed layouts.

IPB Image

The above-mentioned Ice-Climbers have a level that mimics their classic NES and Arcade titles.

IPB Image

Luigi has a rather generic layout with some green arcade girders. For some reason it's got some Balloon Fight bumpers scattered about. This isn't the last time that Balloon Fight stuff will get conflated with the Arcade Era Donkey Kong & Mario games in the Smash series.

IPB Image

Mario's is much more mechanically interesting, sporting some nice layout plus some arcade-style moving platforms and such.

IPB Image

Donkey Kong's mimics a bit of the classic 25MM layout, but, like Maio & Luigi's features the classic girders.

IPB Image

And, surprise final showing, Doctor Mario sports the girders as well!

Let's move on to.... stages. Yeah. Sure.

STAGES

The Ice-Climbers get their own stage in the form of Icicle Mountain, which is populated with classic series enemies Topis (with appropriately localized yeti or seal versions) and Polar Bears, as well as the above mentioned Freezies. This stage features in Adventure mode during the Ice-Climbers section, as well as being the location of the Ice-Climbers themed Event Match "King of the Mountain".

Turns out that's it for stages.

TROPHIES

New to Melee are the Trophies! They're collectables that are unlocked by roughly a bajillion different things in game, but keep you invested and grinding. Also a great way to show off more references and nostalgia that would otherwise be hard to include in a fighting game, even one of this sort.

IPB Image

Classic Mario!

IPB Image

Sprite Ice-Climbers!

IPB Image

Wrecking Crew Luigi!

IPB Image

The Hammer!

IPB Image

Freezie!

IPB Image

OG Coins!

IPB Image
IPB Image

Topis!

IPB Image

Polar Bears! In Sunglasses and Swimtrunks!

IPB Image

MOTHERFUCKING DONKEY KONG JUNIOR

IPB Image

THE GODDAMN BATMAN STANLEY

And I.... think that's it.

Yeah.

In contrast to the original Super Smash Bros, this had less Arcade Era content than I expected. Oh well.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Milo
post May 11 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #287

Video Game Hero

Nice. You're right, I expected more for some reason, but it is an increase compared to 64.

Did you ever address the G&W Climber, and whether it's considered in the Ice Climber series?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 12 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #288

Immortal Monkey

At first glance, Climber (released in 1986), certainly bares a resemblance to Ice Climber, and I was a little surprised to find, upon further digging, that it really has nothing to do with Ice Climber at all.

Very Large Image(s):

Different characters, different story, different setting, etc.

That being said, I'm somewhat surprised that it wasn't re-jigged as an Ice Climber title similar to how "Mickey Mouse" was transformed into "Donkey Kong Circus" after the Disney licence was dropped.

Climber could have been Popo, Blockman made into a Polar Bear, Eyerom and Hentori made into Tori and Butterflies, and Dragalo obviously becomes the Condor.

A missed opportunity, really.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
JordanFreeman
post May 13 2015, 12:39 AM
Post #289

Video Game Hero

Check out this sick DK themed NES posted by Mike Matei.

IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 13 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #290

Immortal Monkey

So today, instead of being a productive member of society, I started porting these mega-posts over to DKGirder.com.

They can be found under the 'Articles' tab. More will be moved over as I get around to it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GmanSir
post May 13 2015, 01:03 PM
Post #291

Kong Family Helper

So is this the first time the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series has been referenced outside of itself and Smash?

IPB Image
Hi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 13 2015, 01:52 PM
Post #292

Immortal Monkey

Unless you count them using the Mario vs Donkey Kong design for Pauline in Puzzle Swap, yes, I believe so. That one of the DLC tracks?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
The Saf
post May 13 2015, 02:30 PM
Post #293

Resident DKU Legal Expert Biscuit

Hahahh, DKGirder.com. Too perfect, nice potential sister site.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GmanSir
post May 13 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #294

Kong Family Helper

QUOTE(I.M.Gibbon @ May 13 2015, 02:52 PM) *

Unless you count them using the Mario vs Donkey Kong design for Pauline in Puzzle Swap, yes, I believe so. That one of the DLC tracks?

Well, isn't it just a 3D version of her design in Donkey Kong '94? And yes, this is a DLC track called Ribbon Road, a returning track from Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
Hi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 13 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #295

Immortal Monkey

There are some very slight differences. Mainly her bracelet, the style of heels she's wearing, and having painted nails. It's basically the equivalent of putting buckles on Sonic's shoes.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 28 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #296

Immortal Monkey

Just wanted to let people know that I'm still plugging away at these, it just takes me longer to type up due to the wrist braces and such. Had to find an ergonomic keyboard and a new desk chair and teach myself to hold my arms in a different position, which is more tiring. Ugh.

Anyway, yeah, I have not abandoned this.

Also, I'm still slowly porting things over to DKGirder.com. If you spot any obvious errors or such over there, I'd appreciate it if y'all would let me know.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
JordanFreeman
post May 28 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #297

Video Game Hero

Gibbon, did you catch this from the recent Monster Hunter 4 DLC?

IPB Image

I'm rocking it right now.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 28 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #298

Immortal Monkey

Haha that's awesome! Is that just a loading screen? Or a minigame or something?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
JordanFreeman
post May 28 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #299

Video Game Hero

Guild Card.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
I.M.Gibbon
post May 28 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #300

Immortal Monkey

Ah nice! I don't usually bother decking mine out, but I guess I really should tongue.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Start new topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 11:46 AM
Banana Coins don't grow on trees! Please help keep this site running.
DK Vine Forums